Friday, February 10, 2006

History of J, part I

So here you are...welcome...I don't actually know if anyone will read this, but then again, there are a lot of lonely people out there, right?

I'm J and this is 2DogsAndaBaby. I also have a wife, but the title doesn't flow as well with her in it. I've been a lurker and rare commenter for some time, mostly on "daddyblogs" and haven't found the time to start my own...until now.

I was laid off a couple of weeks ago, on my birthday of all days. Not only that, but my folks were coming to town that weekend, and with my brother being out of work for the last year-and-a-half, I thought it'd be best not to tell them. Talk about strange...you see, for the last 6 months or so, I'd known that my job would go away, so I tried to prepare them (and me) for that, by dropping hints like "you know, I could loose my job one of these days...the boss keeps saying how he'd like to bring his own people into the company". But that doesn't work with those midwestern roots, who just respond with "well you better keep your job, you know the market's tough". Ahem, I already have an offer, and another interview next week with an inevitable offer to follow. Besides, it's not like I'm wasting away doing lines all the time.

So on top of losing my job, we just bought a flat. Well, we bought more than a flat, we went in on what's known as a TIC here in SF. In other words, we have ownership in 1/3 of a 3-unit building. So far, it's worked out ok. It's back in the 'hood where the wife and I met, and just down the street from where Cobalt was conceived.

Anyway, here I am, the boy is taking a nap, and I thought I'd start this blog. Hopefully I'll keep it going...we'll have to wait and see.

Cheers!

J

No comments: