Saturday, February 18, 2006

Getting Baked

So I haven't smoked pot in a while. Decided not to after we ran out the last time.

Anyway, that's really off-topic as this post is about baking. I don't know if anyone is reading this, but if you are, you may have noticed that on Valentine's day, I posted about making an upside-down cake. Since then, I've done some of my best baking ever!

Now, I'm not really a baker per-se, I just enjoy spending time in the kitchen. I've always been a much better cook than baker, but recently, have started baking again more. This is especially true since we moved into our new flat that came with a new kitchen. You see, the oven has a thermocouple in it that actually reads the temperature inside. I don't know how accurate it actually is, but it makes one feel alot better. Especially after having a tiny oven/stove at our old apartment.


But since I've been out of work, I've had more time to patiently bake some goodies. Just this week I made an excellent batch of Country Bread on Thursday and some fabulous Banana Bread on Friday. Both were probably the best that I've made in a long time.

PS...according to Kyle, they taste even better than they look.

No comments: