Sunday, April 16, 2006

Shotgun

OK, well its not quite as dramatic as the tagline, but it's still one of the biggest days in my life. Today is our Second Anniversary (and for those of you keeping score, Cobalt is now 17 months old).
I still remember the night Kyle told me that we were pregnant...She was commuting to LA during the week for work, so I had just picked her up on a Friday night. As soon as we got back to my apartment she said, "J, I've got something to tell you...". Of course, the first thing that came to mind was that she found someone else...in LA of all places.
Thank god I was wrong! She continued on with telling me that she, er we, were pregnant. For some reason, I think I knew this because on Valentine's day, I remembered having the distinct feeling that I just slipped one past the goalie (or in our case, we had no tender.)
So it was really a no-brainer that what followed was our getting married. Not just because of what would eventually become Cobalt, but that I did truly and deeply love her, and I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of our lives together.
We then decided that we would get married City Hall, so we applied for our license and set a date. We then realized that we needed rings, and found a good deal downtown on some platinum bands, and had them engraved with our date - 4-16-04, 2pm.

We ended up having a small ceremony, with guests including my mother and brother (dad had to be out of town on business and we didn't give him enough notice). Kyle's brother, Todd, sent a representative (friend that was going to be in SF anyway) along with a photoalbum and musicians. Also included were a few friends, photo-Glenn and Julie and Lisa C.
About a week before our appointment, we decided to have a little dinner celebration, too. We made a list of somewhere around 25 people, and then tried to figure out where to have it. Our first call, to Millennium, proved successful, as they had a room that accomodates up to around 30 people. Just as we were getting
ready to send out invites, we received an invite from lbs to celebrate her birthday on the same night. So after consulting with her, we argreed to meet at the Hemlock Tavern for her birthday, and bring everyone down the street for dinner.
It all worked out like a charm, many surprises, a full room, live musicians. We couldn't have planned a better wedding if we would have had a year, instead of a week. Our only regrets are that we couldn't have our entire families there, due to the short notice.

1 comment:

achiappanza said...

I still have my site up with your wedding pix. Might as well share:

http://www.sonic.net/~gmar/JJ-Kyle/wedding.htm